Working in Finland

In addition to some useful extra cash, having a part-time job can be a good way of gaining valuable work experience and networks alongside your studies. If you are non-EU student, you can work within certain limits on a student residence permit. You can read more about the student residence permit and the related regulations on the website.

Finding a job in Finland can sometimes be challenging as not all fields of study offer opportunities for employment before graduation. Job applicants may also be required to have Finnish or Swedish language skills. The career services of your university in Finland can get you started when looking for the local employment options, but your own initiative is also very important. 

After graduation

Non-EU students can apply for an extended residence permit for up to two years after graduation. This is intended to help graduates in their search for work or start a business. Information and advice on these after-graduation permits is available at

Where to look for employment?

When you start looking for a job, first check out the careers services your Finnish university has on offer. 

Visit Work in Finland site where you can get familiar with Finland and learn what working here is all about. Open jobs for international talents can also be found from the same website, and at

General advice and tips on where and how to look for employment can also be found for example on the InfoFinland website.