The Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2021 published by Shanghai Ranking includes rankings of more than 1800 universities in altogether 54 subjects. Many Finnish universities were among the best 100 in specific subjects, securing even top 30 placements.
Of all the Finnish universities featuring in this year’s ranking, Aalto University and the University of Helsinki were the overall strongest performers, both securing several top 50 slots and additionally ranking in the top 100 in many other subjects.
Other universities in the top 100 range included:
- University of Turku (Nursing and Dentistry & Oral Sciences)
- University of Jyväskylä (Education)
- University of Oulu (Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mining & Mineral Engineering, Education)
- University of Eastern Finland (Atmospheric Science, Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hospitality & Tourism Management)
- Tampere University (Telecommunication Engineering, Library & Information Science)
- Hanken School of Economics (Business Administration).
Read more at Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021 by Shanghai Rankings.